Song Carriers Apprenticeship
A nine-month immersion into the path of the Song Carrier with Madi Sato. Embark on a profound journey to liberate your intuitive natural voice and empower your listening, receiving, and offering of sacred music. This deep intentional process will prepare you to integrate song as prayer & healing into your own personal life and into the larger community, local & global. Sessions will be held monthly on the nurturing, feminine land of Arco Iris Institute in Santa Fe, NM. The Grandmothers of all lineages are calling for the next generations of women to step forward and carry songs for the healing and re-flowering of our Mother Earth and the Sacred Waters. Embody and integrate the Song Carrier within for the benefit of all relations of every species.
Santa Fe 2017-2018 Intensive Training Dates
One Saturday per month, 9:30am – 4:30pm
September 16, October 14, November 11, December 9, January 13th
February 24, March 24, April 21, May 26
Winter Ceremony: Sunday, December 17
Final Ceremony: Sunday, June 3
INCLUDES two seasons of membership in Song Carriers Women’s Circle
Intimate group of participants (selected through application process). Must have completed one Song Carriers Women’s Circle Season to apply.
To apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of Focus
• Basics of music – Learn the fundamentals of music theory including keys, scales, melody, harmony, rhythm, tuning, form and common terms.
• Awaken your unique and authentic voice through a natural method of singing developed from Eastern and Indigenous traditions.
• Cultivate a dedicated, personal vocal practice.
• Explore the foundations and possibilities of Sound Healing.
• Study global sacred music traditions. Discover and awaken your own ancestral lineage of song.
• Learn to listen for and receive the melodies percolating in Nature and hone your ability to shape these soundings into song.
• Build a colorful & powerful bag of songs to carry with purpose and confidence.
• Expand your ability to sing solo in various settings and occasions.
• Learn to lead others in singing for ceremony or community gatherings.
• Develop an understanding and fluency with ceremonial dancing and movement.
• Vision your musical dreams and the journey ahead.
• Nurture your loving relationship with Mother Earth, the Sacred Waters, the Ancestors & Holy Presences through song, dance and prayer.
Bay Area 2017-2018 Intensive Training Dates
Weekend #1 October 19th-22nd
Weekend #2 February 15th-18th
Weekend #3 June 7th-10th
Plus webinar teachings on Saturday, December 2nd and April 7th PST 10am-1pm
Thursday, October 19th 6pm-8pm and Friday
Friday, October 20th 9:30am-3:30pm with a Friday Evening Song Carriers Women’s Circle from 6pm-8pm
Saturday, October 21st 9:30am-3:30pm
Sunday ,October 22nd 9:30am-12:30pm